Plymouth County Iowa

Your IP address is



Drivers License is CLOSED Until Further Notice!

A DROPBOX is available for Tax Payments and
Motor Vehicle renewals in the Courthouse lower entrance
from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.





  Customers will now be required to provide a bill of sale when transferring titles

  to motor vehicles between private parties.

  Bill of Sale

Pay Property Taxes  
To view your Property Tax Statement click here..
Pay Vehicle Registrationn








      Contact Information

Tax: 712-546-7056
Motor Vehicle: 712-546-7078
Tax and Motor Vehicle Fax: 712-546-4518
Driver's License: 712-546-1663
Driver's License Fax: 712-546-1257

    Office Staff:  
    • Tax Deputy - Bev
    • Tax Clerk - Bobbi
    • Motor Vehicle Deputy - Keri
    • MV Clerk - Val
    • MV Clerk - Sherri
    • MV Clerk - David
    • DL Examiner - Lisa
    • DL Issuer - Terri
    • DL Issuer - Sherri
County Treasurer

 County Treasurer

 Shelly Sitzmann

Office Hours

  Tax Department:  8:00 - 5:00  Monday - Friday

Auto Department:  8:00 - 5:00  Monday - Friday

  Driver's License:  8:30 - 4:30  Wednesday & Thursday  Located in the Annex building

Car Drives by appointment only.


What is REAL ID?   Real ID       Real ID Star

The REAL ID Act of 2005, passed by Congress, enacted that the Federal Government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver’s licenses.” The Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards.
Iowa is a REAL ID compliant state.

REAL ID does NOT apply to the following:
  • Entering Federal facilities that do not require a person to present identification
  • Voting or registering to vote
  • Applying for or receiving Federal benefits
  • Being licensed to drive
  • Accessing Health or life preserving services (hospitals, clinics), law enforcement, or constitutionally protected activities
  • Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations

The Department of Homeland Security is implementing the REAL ID Act for air travel.

  • Starting January 22, 2018, passengers with a driver’s license issued by a state that is still not compliant with the REAL ID Act will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification for domestic air travel to board their flight. Passengers with driver’s licenses issued by a state that is compliant with REAL ID will still be able to use their driver’s licenses or identification cards. Iowa is a REAL ID compliant state.
  • Starting October 1, 2020, every air traveler will need a REAL ID-compliant license, or another acceptable form of identification, for domestic air travel.

Will minors need to have driver’s licenses to fly domestically?

   TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. The companion will need acceptable identification.

Is TSA going to accept my driver’s license starting on January 1, 2016?

   TSA will continue to accept driver’s licenses issued by all states through January 2018 and then, will continue to accept licenses from all compliant states or noncompliant states with an extension.
Iowa is a compliant state.

Will I need to get a new driver’s license or passport?

   You have until October 2020 to replace your current license with a REAL ID compliant license.

Is the Department of Homeland Security trying to build a national database with all of our information?

   NO. REAL ID does not build a national database nor does it grant the Federal Government or another state access to a state’s driver’s license data. REAL ID is not a national identification card. States and territories will continue to issue its own unique license, maintain its own records, and determine who may access those records and under what circumstances.

Where do I get a REAL ID?

The Plymouth County Driver’s License station in the Annex building issues REAL ID’s. There is no additional charge for a REAL ID. Hours are Wednesdays & Thursdays, 8:30 – 4:30.

To get a REAL ID, you will need:

  • Certified birth certificate or passport. If you are using a birth certificate and have a different name due to marriage or court order, you will need a marriage certificate or other court-ordered document
  • Social Security card
  • One Proof of address, if your driver’s license is current. Two forms if the address is not current.

Property Tax Forms:
You may be eligible to receive reimbursement for a portion of property tax paid.

Property Tax Credit Claim

Iowa Mobile/Manufactured/Modular Home Owner Application for Reduced Tax rate

Rent Reimbursement Claim

Send your questions or comments about this web site to Plymouth County.